Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Different Makes All the Difference


Add the moon to the list of things that can get me out of bed at 4 am (the others include racoons caught in the fence, and hordes of uninvited teenagers grazing through the comestibles). Or at least the shadow of the earth on the moon. While some folks see the wisdom of getting out the telescope and looking at different worlds at all times of night, the rest of us seem to need something different. And a red moon apparently was different enough to convince me to wake some (willing) denizens for a look.

The look was much enhanced for me by what has to be my favorite technology - image stabilization.





To the aided and image stabilized eyes, it was incredible. Not so for my unfortunate camera, even with its image stabilization enhanced by my "tripod" (a very dirty car). Oh well - the memories are still worth preserving. This Qlippit will serve as my memory stabilizer, and years from now will remind me of a warm August night when, from this spot, we got to see the moon looking different.






- Chris

No comments: